July 2, 2008

Dwarf Army Collection

Finally finished painting the majority of my Dwarf Army. Took me a while to get them all completed in the same colour scheme - dark green (snot green + black), scorched earth and chainmail with touches of shining gold. I had different amounts of painting to do on different figures depending on how and where I brought them, some I only repainted the bases others I did from scratch, and more I just touched up. But they are now all the same scheme - except for a couple of minor units I haven't bothered with yet. My Dwarf army can now field:
  • 2 Lords - 1 with Battle Standard
  • 2 Thanes - Skull Pass versions
  • 1 Master Engineer - love this figure, always field him
  • 1 Runesmith
  • 96 Warriors - Includes 20 Skull Pass & 15 Old School figures
  • 3 Longbeards - Command pack, working on getting more
  • 38 Quarrellers - Odd number, will get more
  • 20 Thunderers - Skull Pass variety
  • 4 Cannons - 3 Skull Pass + 1 other
  • 1 Bolt Thrower - Old School version
  • 1 Gyrocopter - Unassembled, can't get the bits to stick

We tend to play 1,500 - 2,250 point battles at the Club - the Manawatu Duellists - and I tend to go with a basic mix of Warriors (inc. longbeard upgrades), a couple of Quarreller units, maybe 1 of Thunderers and 2-3 Cannons.

No comments: