January 28, 2009

Warmachine Campaign News

Week 3 of our campaign starts tonight (at my place) and I really really need a couple of good wins to get my campaign points up. Being doing some intense reading of the special rules that apply to several of my units and have come up with a couple of interesting ideas. Another added bonus is that I've used the online card builder to do up some cards for 'Fire of Salvation', 'Blessing of Vengeance' and 'Feora' so I can proxy in some existing figures for them.

Once interesting rule I forgot about completely last week applies to Jhoven Rhoven and his Bodyguard, essentially every time they or any friendly Protectorate unit within 3" of them hits any enemy target, with 'any' melee OR ranged attack that attack causes FIRE. Absolutely perfect for fighting Everblight. So my anti-hordes list for tonight is (wish it was more than 350pts):

  • Kreoss
  • Heirophant
  • Fire of Salvation
  • Jhoven Rhoven & Bodyguard
  • Knights Exemplar (6)
No Zealots in this list but given that ALL of these guys attacks now cause FIRE and that Jhoven etc have more wounds than an entire unit of Zealots makes it very workable. If we get any points bonuses from the campaign special rules Ill be adding in one or more of the following:
  • Eiryss
  • Zealots (8) + Monolith Bearer
  • Rupert Cavalo
  • Blessing of Vengence
As for my anti-Khador or anti-Toshi list I have a good one worked out that should nullify his magic etc, but I won't post it here because he reads this blog (AH HA you'll just have to wait).

1 comment:

Binz said...

AHHHHHH!!!

Haha its like you read my mind...

>.>