February 11, 2009

My painting backlog is depressing...

Just added my latest figures to my painting & assembly backlog and it is looking seriously depressing again. To much to do especially as I have some terrain pieces I really want to start building as well, have some foam now to make hills and still need to finish painting the trees I made before Christmas.

Of course it doesn't help when you lose enthusiasm for painting a unit/figure after starting. My Idrians are in all honesty not going to be finished for a long time as I simple won't be using them outside of 750-1000pt + games, and I'm fed up with them - can't figure out a decent looking colour palette. My Avatar of Menoth needs to be paint stripped and restarted as does the Redeemer as both look freaking awful as they currently are, and I still have a unit of incomplete Choir Acolytes somewhere.

Add to that the big box of Vampire Counts stuff I haven't opened yet and its getting very very BLAH.... wish I had another Dragon painting that has been fun... and why oh why did I decide to repaint my entire High Elf collection?!?

2 comments:

Darth Weasel said...

Just an encouraging word, my man...don't let it get you down, the stuff you do looks great and hopefully you find the painting an enjoyable part of the process. the joy will return.

John said...

Cheers for that Darth... I really enjoy the painting, there is just SO much of it. I need to figure out how to say NO to buying stuff :)