March 10, 2009

Latest acquisition & conversion project

Brought two units of Tomb King cavalry off Richard yesterday for $60 which I am going to convert into Vampire Count Black Knights. $60 for 16 models is a hell of a lot better than paying $10 for a single model Black Knight blister. Models are slightly different, but I have enough spare shields from my Skeletons and other models to modify them enough to make them look quite nasty.

Anyway the general idea is to turn this...



into this...



Also completed two more units of Zombies the other night - the first was the standard Zombie unit that comes with the Battalion box, the second is a collection of Empire/Beastmen Zombies from leftover parts Caleb gave me last week (bloody nice of him). Thats 3 full units of them all ready for painting now and I have enough bases & parts left over to make at least 1 more unit.

Grave Guard are also nearing completion paint wise, but I have given up on my 2nd unit of Dragon Princes. Spent a bit of time searching coolminiornot.com looking for inspiration and have picked up on a couple of ideas. My original scheme (see post a few days back) was just TOO PURPLE and looked pretty crap in the end. Need another unit of Spears as well so I can field two blocks of 24 *sigh* so much more to do...

No comments: