April 28, 2009

Final list for RUNEFANG II

Sticking with my gut: High Elves @ 2,250pts

Ok, I thought about some big changes but honestly I am too damn busy at work at the moment to devote any energy to it so made one minor change to the final list swapping out the third bolt-thrower and putting the Shadow Warriors back in. Final list for RUNEFANG II will be:

Archmage Level 4
- Folraiths Robe, Seerstaff of Saphery, Dispell Scroll
Mage Level 2
- Ring of Fury, Silver Wand
Noble
- Armour of Caledor, GW, Battle Standard, Amulet of Light
Spears x20
- FC, Lion Banner
Archers x10
Phoenix Guard x18
- FC, War Banner, Champion with Gem of Courage
Dragon Princes x5
Dragon Princes x5
Swordmasters x10
Swordmasters x10
Shadow Warriors x5
Bolt Thrower
Bolt Thrower

FINAL POINTS TALLY 2,248pts

To gain extra composition points it would have been easy enough to slot my Silver Helms into the mix by dropping one unit of DP's and 2 Swordmaster models. The Silver Helms are also painted far better than the DP's are so might have earned a few more points in the painting side of things. However, I am sticking with my gut and keeping the original list pretty much intact. One big change since my first version, this is version 12, is the absence of the Dragon Mage. You also got points for having more than 2 core unit choices but the 30 models I have here are basically the only core models I have (until they make SH core choices again), so I can't take anymore there.

Option of going to NICON 2009 in Napier is on the table as well, and I am considering it but as it comes 2 weeks after RUNEFANG II i may not be able to make it. Still it might be fun to take my Dwarfs to that one as it is playing an unusual format - 2 x1000pt rounds and 4x2250 rounds with the 1000 pt armies built out of your 2250 pt list. Dwarves at 1000pts give you much better options - BIG ARSE GUN LINES for a start - even though composition points wise you will lose out there.

No comments: