April 25, 2009

I'm nearly home and damn I have to redo my Tournament list again!!!

I'm currently at Changi airport in Singapore waiting for my flight back to New Zealand to board won't be home for another 20 hours or so give or take a few hours. For those who follow this blog apologies for lack of posts over last week or so, I will be posting again soon. Have not one but TWO tournaments to go in May now both local and both Warhammer so should have lots to write about.

Might have to modify my RUNEFANG II list though as I just recieved an email from the tournament organisers regarding points weighting for army list composition. Judging by their criteria my list is going to get pinged pretty heavily unless I make some modifications. Current list I submitted to them two weeks ago was

HIGH ELVES 2,250 pts RUNEFANG II Tournament List

Archmage Lvl 4 (w. Phoenix Guard)
- Folraiths Robe, Seerstaff of Saphery
Mage Lvl 2
- Silver Wand, Ring of Fury
Noble
- Armour of Caledor, GW, Battle Standard Bearer, Amulet of Light
Spearmen x 20
- FC, Lion Banner
Archers x10
Phoenix Guard x18
- FC, War Banner
Dragon Princes x5
Dragon Princes x5
Bolt Thrower
Bolt Thrower
Bolt Thrower

Based on this list I will lose points for having 3 Bolt-Throwers and possibly for the Ring of Fury, but you never know. To earn a few more army composition points I might have to swap out one of the Bolt-Throwers and put my Shadow Warriors back in, but hey I'm going to this tournament to have not necessarily to win the thing so maybe I won't ?!? I'd also need to get an Anvil of Doom before then as well, even though I usually on take one in 4000pt + games.

3 comments:

dzer0 said...

That is a competitive list, but I agree that the three bolt throwers come off as excessive, especially when your archer line will be competing for shooting targets. It almost seems as if you need march blockers if your spearmen are there just to hold while you stick with the princes. Ever try out the great eagle? I never leave home without one. Good luck in your tournament, Asur of Ulthuan!

Caleb said...

Hey John,
3 Bolt throwers is pretty nasty. If you really want another missile from the lvl 2 go for the reaver bow. It dosnt count as magic attacks but it does have 3 S5 attacks which will be good for high armour targets and toughness targets. You are only bs4 but that is 3's to hit base and you can stand and shoot with it as well which should hurt things that want to charge your archers if the mage is in their. For the bolt thrower swap what about 6 sword masters with muso or have you decided you dont like small units of them anymore?

Darth Weasel said...

we played a bunch of Warbands games tonight which seemed to confirm what I have long theorized; small units of ANYTHING, no matter how heavily armored, are just casualties that may not have been removed from the table yet...

have a safe flight home.