April 2, 2009

Modifying my list for RUNEFANG II

Well after the drubbing Richard gave me with his/my Vampire Counts I have modified by list for RUNEFANG. Modifications also take into account some problems I had when facing Toshi's Chaos and Dougs Skaven. Now seriously considering dropping the Dragon Mage altogether and investing the 400pts into something else.

Modified list now looks like this:

Archmage Lvl 4 (w. PG)
- Folraiths Robe, Dispel x2, Jewel of Dusk

Noble (w. Dragon Princes w. Ellyrion)
- Barded Steed, Amulet of Light, Shield, Lance

Noble (w. Spears)
- Armour of Caledor, GW, BSB

Spears x20
- FC, Lion Banner

Archers x10

P/Guard x18
- FC, War Banner, Champ w. Sword of Might

Swordmasters x7

Swordmasters x7

Swordmasters x7

Dragon Princes x5
- FC, Banner of Ellyrion

Dragon Princes x5
- FC

Bolt-Thrower x2

3 comments:

Caleb said...

Hey nice list, but you are short in core i assume there is a unit of archers in there?
Are you planing on running the PG 5 wide or 6? I dont think it will matter much ether way 6 is the same starting rank bonus and an extra attack in combat. But with 5 it is harder for your opponent to shoot off a rank because of the extra men in the back.
I got to say PG are probably my favorite highelves unit.

John@Plastic Legions said...

Having played High Elves alot I would say from my experience the Swordmasters are not worth it especially at 315 pts for 21 of them.
I much rather see you up that phoenix guard to 25..throw in a unit of Archers and a chariot even 2 chariots if you can fit it, Spears, Archers and PG are all the foot troops you need...Control the magic phase, press the front with your foot troops then Hit them hard on the flanks with Chariots and DP's...DP's on one flank and pair of chariots on the other is a serious headache for anyone...I'd also recommend the Battle Banner for your DP 's over the others I've seen it win games by itself!!
best of luck!

John said...

Cheers guys and your right I did leave the Archers off. Still struggling with this list, might go back to the Dragon Mage not sure now