May 7, 2009

Warlock of Firetop Mountain & Steve Jackson memories

Anyone else remembers playing these?

For some reason I found myself searching the web for information on these books, think it was a major diversion from something work related. I spent a HUGE amount of time as a kid reading and playing these books.

The first one I ever owned was the 'Warlock of Firetop Mountain' which my Dad purchased for me and which I absolutely loved.

There was also Citadel of Chaos & Starship Traveller which I never managed to finish, and Forest of Chaos which I think I finished but I can't remember now. Steve Jackson's best work though had to be the Sorcery! series. Four books you could either play individually or in sequence, absolutely loved these despite never completing the fourth one.

Probably my favourite series though had to be 'The Way of the Tiger' as the story, characters and game play were so much better. Six books in all I found out today of which I had the first four and completed the first 2 or 3.

Funny thing is I STILL HAVE ALL OF THESE BOOKS IN STORAGE SOMEWHERE!!!! Going to hunt them all out tonight and start playing them again. Would have been the perfect way to fill in time on my recent long-haul flights to and from Singapore.

2 comments:

Mark said...

I remember them well. Mine are still easily accessible at the moment, but will soon be stored away with a large part of my library, as we a trying to create some more space in the house.

Darth Weasel said...

Warlock...one of the great books of all time. I liked them better than the "Choose your own adventure" line because the story lines were deeper and the rolling up a character and fighting was awesome. Good memory there.