Current events are:
30th-31st Warpfire - Wellington, NZ
20th-21st Battlecry - Auckland, NZ
2nd-4th Natcon, Lower Hutt - NZ
5th-6th Nicon, Tauranga - NZ
I expect at least 4-5 more events in Wellington over the period June - November as well similar to last years events. The event in January 'Warpfire' looks especially interesting as it sees the introduction of a brand new scoring and composition system for the New Zealand tournament scene.
Army Lists and Composition
Standard format using 2,250pt lists played over 5 rounds using 7th edition books published in New Zealand within 1 month of tournament start date with no BOB lists, proxies or special characters allowed.
Armies are divided into 3 bands with a number of restrictions placed on armies in each band that are in addition to those contained within each army book. Restrictions seem to take into account tournament results in Australasia over last 12 months and appear to be a good way to balance out the various armies.
Daemons of Chaos
Warriors of Chaos
Beasts of Chaos
Orcs and Goblins
- Armies in Band A are allowed only 1 rare choice
- Armies in Band C are allowed an additional special choice.
- Rare choices may not be repeated, except for High Elves, where they can be repeated once per unit.
- Max, 2 of the same special choice.
- Max. 3 of the same core choice, except for ranked infantry without missile weapons and beast herds.
- Max. 3 units of chariots (incl. Characters)
- Max. 9 PD/10DD in an army (using ETC system whereby bound items count for 1+PD/DD depending upon item type).
- Max. 2 units of flyers (incl. Characters)
- Max. 70 shots per turn with range of 20"+ (not incl. war machines)
- Max. 5 war machines
- Max. 2 terror causers.
Daemons of Chaos
- All greater demons count as additional hero choice.
- Herald BSB may take either daemonic gifts or daemonic icon not both
- Daemonic gifts not to be duplicated
- Horrors limited to 0-2
- Ring of Hotek counts as 3 DD in each phase
- Every assassin counts as a hero choice
- Shades limited in unit size to 8 models
- Pendant of Khaleth counts as a hero choice.
- Steam tank and War Alter count as 2 war machines
- Star Dragon counts takes an additional hero slot
- Characters on stegadons also use the relevant special or rare slot
- Terradons limited to unit size of 3 models max
- Discipline becalming cogitation counts as 2 DD
- Temple guard count as a terror causer
- Skink skirmisher units cannot outnumber skink cohorts
- A slaughter master can be taken without a tyrant
- To be confirmed
- Darkenhoff banner, helm of commandment and skull staff all count as an additional hero choice.
- Treeman counts as Treeman Ancient
Battle points now worth 60% of total. With following additions:
- Player who captures the most standards gains an additional 100 VP.
- Table quarters can only be captured by a scoring unit. To qualify as a scoring unit, a unit must be: not a single model, non-flying, US 5+, have started the game worth 100+ VP.
- Battle points also vary depending upon what band the winning army was in, e.g., Band A armies must gain 500+VP to get a win, Band B 300+ and Band C 100+.
And now I have a firm date for when the repainting of my High Elf army needs to be completed - January 30th/