March 16, 2010

Vampire Counts @ 2,250pts: The Skeletal Horde

My 2000pt game with my Vampires last week got me thinking about what sort of VC army I might take to the local tournament scene. Sticking to my desired Skeleton based army (which would require me to buy 20 more Skeletons) I have modified my 2000pt list bringing it up to 2,250pts.

Vampire Lord Lvl 4
- Dreadknight, Dark Acolyte, Walking Death, Dreadlance, Wristbands of Black Gold
Vampire BSB Lvl 2
- Flayed Hauberk, Talisman of Protection, Avatar of Death, Beguile
Vampire Lvl 1
- Walachs Bloody Hauberk, Avatar of Death, Flying Horror
Skeletons x20
- FC
Skeletons x20
- FC
Skeletons x20
- FC
Ghouls x20
- Ghast
Corpse Cart
- Unholy Lodestone
Black Knights x8
- FC, Barding
Black Knights x8
- FC, Barding
Fell Bats x4

TOTAL 2,246 pts 8PD 6DD

Primary options would be to drop barding on Black Knights and possibly Ghouls to give Skeleton units magical banners. Also considered giving the Flying Vampire the Terror causing magical item just to really screw with people. Basic plan with flying Vampire is to deploy him behind the Bats so they act as a screen.

1 comment:

Darth Weasel said...

I am not a huge VC player (have actually never played as them despite several attempts to do so...all derailed by others doing so instead) but I am surprised yu have no wraiths. Great shield v. shooting.
8 PD sounds light to me but hey...seems like a fun, friendly list.