June 25, 2010

Grudge match 4 next week High Elves vs. Dwarfs

Well after the fun that was 3000pts last week its back to tournament standard 2,250pts next week. With Horned Rat III now only 4 weeks away Ishould be focusing on practicing with my tournament list in order to get to grips with what it does. But as its not ideal against Dwarfs I would have to modify it slightly dropping the dispel scrolls and add some more infantry models perhaps?

One thing though is due to a massive lack of painting time lately (and time spent of FOW) for the first time ever I am going to have to take some unpainted minis and units to a tournament AGGHH!!! Problem is the tournament requires painted troops so in the next 3 weeks I am going to have to finish 15 HE Archers, at least 10 HE Spears, a unit filler, and 3 Dragon Princes.

As Adam has faced the list before Ill be nice and post it up here for him to read prior to the event. I gave him a nasty surprise last week by taking 3000pts of High Elves with NO magic so Ill be a little nicer this time round and give him something a bit more orthodox. If I go with a modified version of my tournament list then he should expect the following. However, I may just change this slightly ;)

Archmage Lvl 4
- Folraiths, Jewel of Dusk
Mage Lvl 2
- Seerstaff
BSB
- Barded Steed, Dragon Armour, Shield, Helm of Fortune, Guardian Phoenix, Halberd
Spears x20
- Mu, SB
Archers x10
Archers x10
Phoenix Guarx x21
- FC, War Banner
White Lions x15
- FC, Banner of Sorcery
Dragon Princes x7
- Champion, Gem of Courage
Eagle
RBT
RBT

Total 2,248pts 9+D3 PD no bounds

On another note what do people think of the blogs new layout & design? I've been fiddling around with Bloggers new design options and finding them quite good.

No comments: