So WHFB etc as my "winter" sports get put on the shelf and instead I concentrate on painting. Probably one reason I struggle during the first few tournaments of the year as I go in (as I did at Runefang III) having only played 1 or 2 games beforehand.
So what are my goals for the coming summer period? Last year I worked on repainting my High Elf army a project that took nearly a year but finally got finished (well nearly, still a couple of models left) with some good results.
This season my primary aim will be to undertake the same process with my Dwarfs although I will not go to the same extreme and paintstrip every single model but will keep it more simple.
PAINTING & MODELING GOALS FOR SUMMER SEASON (Oct 2010 - March 2011)
- Touch up my Hammerers (38 of them) adding highlights and shading to improve their look
- Paint a full unit of Miners (20), currently only have 8 badly painted ones done.
- Rebase/flock my entire collection to make the army uniform in look.
- Finish building & painting more balsa wood movement trays for the army.
- Finish my Dragon Prince unit - only have 3 models left to do.
- Finish that damn Dragon, the reins and riders chair have been waiting paint for a year now
- Fix my BSB on foot and Mounted Hero, paint strip and redo to give me more list options.
- Finish at least one of my 2 remaining combat Platoons.
- Build and paint 2 objective markers
If I do get any gaming in, it will be very small games only and I will probably concentrate on playing FOW as I would really like to attend a couple of FOW tournaments next year especially the major local event Panzershrek.