August 26, 2010

WIP - Dwarf Miners front rank

Stuck with my usual process of finishing a unit a rank at a time last night and concentrated on the front rank of my Dwarf Miners. Its amazing how much better your painting gets over time, the difference between these guys (who are still unfinished) and my first painting efforts is huge.

Images are all really large so click on them to get the expanded version

Still to be finished areas are --> Gloves, musicians sleeves, weapons, helmets, candles


Process involved in each painted area was:

Skin --> Dwarf Flesh, Flesh Wash, Dwarf Flesh highlights, Elf Flesh highlights
Green --> Snot Green, Goblin Green, Scorpion Green
Beards --> Adeptus Battlegrey, Codex Grey, Fortress Grey, Skull White



By way of comparison the model on the left is what the rest of my Dwarfs look like, albiet with flock on the bases.

3 comments:

R. said...

Not to be mean, but you do realize you are painting over their eyelids right? It's making them crazy wide-eyed like they all just saw a ghost.

I actually had the same problem with some of my skull pass dwarves. The good news is you can carefully paint the skin over the eye and it will look pretty good. At least as good as any of the rest of my eyes :)

Darth Weasel said...

I am impressed you are detailed enough to give them eyeballs. You have far more patience than I, my friend...and a far steadier hand!

John said...

@R - I hadnt thought about the eyelids thing ill try adding a line to each eye to see how it goes.

@Darth - cheers mate, has taken me 2 years though to develop the patience to do it though ;)