Its currently cricket season here in New Zealand and I have just had my PhD enrolment confirmed for 2011 so any spare time I have is now firmly tied up with sport and research/study.
My local gaming club has also shut down for the summer period and wont reopen till Feb, but I personally dont expect to be playing again regularly until the end of March 2011. I do fully intend to get lots of painting done in that period so keep checking as I will be posting just not as regularly.
Anyway, to keep myself focused I have a list of things to try and accomplish for 2011
- No more purchases - no Warhammer, no FOW, and no new gaming systems
- Finish painting my Fallschirmjager for FOW (Artillery Platoon, Trucks, Pioneers)
- Play 5 Warhammer tournaments - first one is in March
- Get my Warhammer Fantasy national ranking back into the Top 50 and get my Best Dwarf General title back
- Finish painting my High Elf spearmen (28)
- Finish painting my High Elf archers (16)
- Finish painting my High Elf Dragon Princes (8)
- Finish painting my Dwarf Miners (20)
- Repaint/touch up/rehighlight all of my dwarfs (umm approx 250!!!)
- Play in at least one FOW tournament, most likely Panzershrek 2011 here in Palmy my home town.
The Miners are the first unit to get the new look which is a huge improvement on my first painting efforts of 2-3 years back. So starting one unit at a time I will be paint stripping (with Dettol) all of my Dwarfs and redoing them all. Next unit to get the treatment will be my beloved Hammerers.
I would like to get my WHFB ranking back into the top 50, had a high of 47 at one point, but since 8th came out more people seem to playing Dwarfs and there are also some seriously good new Dwarf players on the local tournament scene (Matthew Hassell in particular) and I have dropped into the 70s. I think now that tournaments will be the only time I get to play WHFB as well so I will really endeavour to give them a good go.
My Dwarf army is currently in the hands of a fellow stumpy Adam who has taken them to Auckland for a good outing, hope he gets some enjoyment out of them. FOW will occupy all of my club time next year most likely, unless more WHFB turn up, though and I think it would be fun to play in one tournament with my Fallschrimjager as well.