January 30, 2011

Warhammer novels

A while ago I picked up a WHFB novel by Gav Thorpe title "Grudgebearer" this acted as a real inspiration for my Dwarf fluff blog which unfortunately hit a brick wall creative wise well over a year ago (I do have plans for it though). Another series I read were the Vampire Counts Trilogy which were just as good albiet not what I had expected.


Yesterday I grabbed a copy of "The Witchhunter" off my father, who has long had the same reading interests as me. He also wargamed as youngster although we are talking about the 1950s here. Turns out its a good book, very easy read and a big change from the historical non-fiction I have been reading almost exclusively for the last couple of years.

2 comments:

Kuffeh said...

I would suggest you read the other two dwarf novels by Nick Kyme; Oathbreaker and Honourkeeper. And of course the Slayer series.

But the Mathius Thulmann series is quite good, it has been a while since I read any of them.

Student Teacher said...

The only thing I didn't like about the Witch Hunter series is that they sorta ended it where it felt like there would be another book, but there hasn't been one, and its been years and years.