• No Double Rares (unless 2:1) – and Rare % limited to 20% (400 points)Expect players pack to also introduce army specific rules as well these wont affect Dwarfs too much but do expect them to ban certain items like the Power Scroll, Book of Hoeth and possibly the Banner of Sorcery (hopefully not).
• No Double Specials (unless 2:1)
• Core % = minimum of 30% (600 points)
• No unit (including Command, Banners, Magic Items etc) over 350 points
• Warmachines limited to a maximum of three (2:1 count as single choice)
2000pts High Elf Army
Archmage L4 (Lore of Metal)
- Folraiths Robe, Talisman of Preservation, Silver Wand
5 Spells, 4+ WS and immune to all non-magical attacks, and Lore of Metal to bolster army. Solid magical potential backed by Banner of Sorcery with White Lions.
- Armour of Caledor, Guardian Phoenix, GW
On foot to go with Spears, standard 2+ AS and 5+WS striking at S6 with re-rolls.
- Full Command, Banner of Eternal Flame
Big block rather than smaller one, 33 is an odd number but necessary to keep to 30% core requirement and also because of my lack of archer models
Two units of these rather than two blocks of Spears as High Elf shooting is slightly more accurate than that of Dwarfs
- Full Command, Ironcurse Icon
Run in 6x3 formation, bolster with Lore of Metal and WS vs. Warmachines from Icon
White Lions x18
- Full Command, Banner of Sorcery
Dragon Princes x5
TOTAL 1,999 pts
Two blocks of hard hitting infantry SM at S5 and WL at S6 both with re-rolls, good shooting, reasonable horde type formation to cater for light enemy infantry and decent magical potential. All round a nicely balanced list. Only issue is lack of bodies in special units due to the 350pt unit maximum, otherwise I would be running 25 Phoenix Guard and 25 White Lions. Inability to double up specials also means 1 large block of Swordmasters rather than 2 smaller blocks.