• No Double Rares (unless 2:1) – and Rare % limited to 20% (400 points)Going to be taking Dwarfs whatever the final rules are, but the 350pt unit maximum means my Dwarf horde of 35 or 40 Warriors is now out.
• No Double Specials (unless 2:1)
• Core % = minimum of 30% (600 points)
• No unit (including Command, Banners, Magic Items etc) over 350 points
• Warmachines limited to a maximum of three (2:1 count as single choice)
FINAL LIST for Runefang IV
- MR Balance, RO Spellbreaking, Shield
- MR Gromil, RO Preservation, RO Resistance, RO Furnace
- Full Command, GW
- Full Comannd, GW
- Full Comannd, GW
- Full Command
- Engineer, RO Accuracy, RO Penetratingx2
- Engineer, RO Forging, RO Burning
Runesmith takes 1PD and gains 1DD each round meaning on average Ill have 2 less dice than my opponent but the benefit of the +2 to Dispel bonus of Dwarfs. RO Spellbreaking gives me one decent scroll to use at a key point.
4 big blocks of infantry all with GW is going to be somewhat scary for anybody even those with a horde army like Goblins and Skaven. Against Goblins Ill have the benefit not only of step up but also hatred, and vs. Skaven higher toughness and S5 mean Ill chew them up pretty easy.
Against cavalry armies I will suffer from a lack of mobility meaning I might have to group the warmachines together leaving the 25 man Warrior block back as a defensive reserve - depends upon the scenarios being played.
Stonethrower all up costs 170pts which is alot but its accurate and striking at S5 and any hit on a 20 model unit is going to kill everything it touches. Cannon at S10 with burning shot is going to be horrible against monsters and my guess work with Cannons has also been a strong point. Then theirs the Organ Gun my old favourite which I can either leave with the other machines or advance forward with the infantry.
Lack of Longbeards makes panic from shooting an issue but rerolls from BSB should take care of that and at L9 I have a better than even chance of passing the majority of those tests.