May 24, 2011

Dwarf Cannon finished + new FOW stuff

Finally got some cotton wool this week so I could finish adding some extra detail to my Dwarf Cannon, hasnt turned out to bad at all. The cannon ball is attached to a pin, its actually a fishing sinker - I use them as stirrers in all of my paint pots. They come with holes in them already so I just found a pin that fit the hole.


I also recieved my first order from the Forged in Battle line of 15mm WW2 miniatures, a Platoon of Heavy Mortars and one of SdKfz251 halftracks - unfortunately I can't use the later in my FJ lists so will have to take them as an excuse for starting a PzGr company ;) The models are very nice, sculpting on the halftracks is great. Infantry is so-so and they are slightly bigger than the standard FJ figures, but I was only after the mortars as it was cheaper to buy them like this than individually from Battlefront.

2 comments:

Archaicwonder said...

Very good looking. The Cotton is definitely wispy smoke looking. Is the ball attached to a pin or just very light?

Darth Weasel said...

that cannon is pure awesome. One of my brothers started using cotton under flying models and I thought that looked awesome....but the cannonball thing blows it away. Nice work