July 28, 2011

New Heavy Mortars & Dunkelgreb for Fallschirmjager

Well I learned the hard way that I need Heavy Mortars with their 3+ FP if I expect my FJ to assualt through dug in enemy troops. So I finally got around to basing my Heavy Mortar Platoon. The other thing tournaments definately do is inspire you to improve the painting and basing of your miniatures. Panzershrek was no exception and the best painted armies collection of half-tracks was just unbelievably good, and made mine look like crap.

So last night I did some experimenting and worked out a new way to get a decent enough looking Dunkelgreb type colour. It turned out really well after trying it on my new FJ Heavy Mortar Platoon, so I spent last night repainting my Pak Guns, 7.5cm Artillery, Mortars, HMG, Light Guns and Half-tracks in the same colour.
Results were better than expected and the colour really makes the miniatures stand out- the Pak guns look so much better.
The original colour scheme

Artillery Platoon is still waiting on the final gun base, the observers and HQ team to be finished but I am going to concentrate on the Heavy Mortars first. The Heavy Mortars themselves are from the Forged in Battle range while the figures are from the standard German Mortar Crew platoon collection.

4 comments:

lap1964 said...

FYI the mortar bombs should be a brick-red,for want of better words.
hope that helps?

LES

John M said...

Cheers mate ill redo them :)

lap1964 said...

This will make you mad? The HMG tripods are the wrong way round,see page 68 in HH.
LES

John M said...

lol - but at least they look pretty right? makes sense if I take FT its the kind of mistake non - Vet troops would make