August 28, 2011

Ogres released Dwarfs are next!!!

If the schedule is to be believed then after the new Ogre book - which looks awesome btw - comes out next month we will have a 5-7 month wait till the next new release which will be Dwarfs. Not sure where this info came from because the general opinion for a long time had been that Brettonians and Wood Elves would get the treatment first, Brettonians especially needing a facelift.

Anyway given the wholesale changes and new monsters etc we seem to get in every book what would I like in the next Dwarf book?

Answer - the BSB to be able to carry a GW and a lot more fluff and thats it, honestly...

The Dwarf book as it is works, yes some 2 attacks each infantry would be cool and maybe a big mechanical monster and cheaper points cost for Rangers etc. But while it needed substantial changes to make it competitive in 7th, in 8th it works well as is.

So please GW dont change my Dwarfs too much just give me more fluff lots of it - maps, stories, legends, new heroes, runic historys, pictures all the cool stuff. Oh and the BSB-GW thing too and ill be happy. I would hate to see Dwarfs lose the character and charm they currently have...

7 comments:

Pete Dunn said...

Less grumbling!!!!

Meatball said...

I couldn't agree more I really like the current Dwarfs, so I hope they don't change much!

Tane said...

A Skaven grumbling about a Dwarf grumbling....

But in reality, I'm not sure that Dwarves need that much to be done. Adjustment of the runes and the points values. Fix the Gyro and Flame Cannon rules, make the Daemonslayer useful. Add the now compulsory Large Target monster(s) with OTT rules/stats, and we should be done.

Oh, and please Lord, get rid of the -1 to flee/pursue that Dwarves have. It rips my undies that one, and costs more games than you might think.

Hobby Horse said...

I heard that wood elves were before dwarfs. I guess we are all just guessing! Like you, I am really hoping that dwarfs are just tweaked a bit, major changes are not really required. Though if they are made, it's a good reason for us old longbeards to grumble even more.

Papa JJ said...

That's exciting news that the Dwarfs might be next in line, even if there is a half year's wait until we see a new book for WHFB. I too don't think the Dwarfs need a lot of crazy new stuff either, for me that might actually detract from the sort of pragmatic and tradition bound mentality that I associate with their fluff. Why build a big unreliable robot or some new-fangled warmachine if the Dwarfs just could make a bunch of tried and tested cannons instead? It's probably because of the way the Beardlings are being raised nowadays... no respect for the old ways, I tells ya'. Grumble, grumble, grumble.

RedCraig said...

woo! new dwarf book. \o/
Do you have a link to something about it (even just a random forum thread)?

FBroundup said...

Dwarfs will be next because they are a money maker...I hope it's not 5 months away though :-(