December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas & Happy Birthday

MERRY CHRISTMAS to my New Zealand and International followers/readers, all the best for the holiday season. To my Whanau in Christchurch heres hoping the stupid earthquakes stop soon.

In some great gaming news Battlefront has provided a fantastic early Christmas & Birthday Present (I'm 38 on Xmas Day) in the official announcement that the 3rd Ed rules are due out in March - although as a large number of BF people are local club members I did have some forewarning.

Best of all they are going to continue the practice of giving a free mini-rulebook to anyone who has a copy of the 2nd Ed hardback rules. And the Mini-rulebook is 294 pages long


Oh and the new Dwarf Rulebook should be out in March/April as well - 2012 is going to be a great year gaming wise.

8 comments:

Hein said...

Happy Christmas and have a great birthday.

Erik said...

If its correct that the Dwarf book will come out in march/April, I sincerely hope it will come out before April so I can get ready for a big tournament with the new rules =)

and congrats on beforehand

Lee Hadley said...

Merry Christmas!

lap1964 said...

Have a good day,and don't get sun burnt.
LES

Dr. Willett's Workshop said...

Merry Christmas!

Stay classy San Diego... said...

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Enjoy reading your blog.

However, following VC in January, both the Empire and Warriors of Chaos are touted before the Dwarfs I'm afraid, sandwiching the 40K new edition release. There will be no Dwarf army book before the end of next year, but rumours are of plastic Slayers which have already been completed and a pre-book release.

John M said...

Thanks everyone, hope you all had a great Xmas.

@ Stay Classy - :( hope your wrong - and I would have thought Brettonians would get done first.

Please tell me Dwarfs arent being forgotten. And Plastic Sprue Slayers sounds like a reaction to to AoW range that was just realised rather than anything innovative which is what I would like to see

Stay classy San Diego... said...

I hope I'm wrong too, I'm a Dwarf player. Regarding the Slayers, the old models are horribly dated and I really wouldn't mind some new ones to be honest. I'm assuming a new release would include characters and perhaps a dual kit with plastic hammerers/ironbreakers. Certainly we will be getting plastic ones of each as GW moves away from producing metal models at all. About time, I hate pinning. The new concept that all armies get some massive piece will apply to Dwarfs too. Since I hope to god it's not some stupid Dwarf monster, it will likely be a gigantic machine, which would be quite cool.

But alas, we will need to wait a while. There are a lot of sources everywhere leaking the Empire for March/April, then 40K, then WoC. It's annoying, I don't begrudge the Empire a new release, but apparently no designer has pitched an efficient idea for Woodies or Bretonnians. Annoying since I play Brets too. We will see Dwawrfs either Q4 2012 or Q1 2013 most likely. Like most players,(and probably you) we only have to hope they don't ruin runes :(