January 12, 2012

FLGS issues & starting 2012

Made a trip to my Friendly Local Gaming Store yesterday to get the new Ogre Kingdoms source book only to find that they have neither it, nor the recently updated OnG and TK books.  Also surprised that none of the store staff had any knowledge of Battlefronts announcement of FOW Version 3 coming in April.

The store itself is still dominated by card players and Warmachine which is cool - but seriously given the massive relaunch of WHFB over the last 12 months why they dont have the latest books is beyond me.  They have 6 copies of Storm of Magic though?!?

If Maelstrom Games could still ship GW products to the Southern Hemisphere I would be ordering through them, as it stands I am going to have to find another retailer in NZ somewhere (probably Vagabond in Auckland).  Tried getting my local store to order stuff in before and it took months.

Maelstrom Games will be getting an order soon though as they have recently kissed and made up with Battlefront and can start selling FOW products again. So the Mid-War book North Africa and some more Plastic Soldier Company products will be on order, along with a NW41 Rocket Launcher Platoon - although if exchange rates allow for it some BF products may actually be cheaper through their NZ operation.

Also said goodbye to my Warmachine Protectorate of Menoth collection yesterday after giving it all away to Jeremy Gray my FOW playing partner from Panzershrek 2011.  I have kept my four favourite models though - Grand Exemplar Kreoss, a Redeemer and 2 Paladin Order of the Wall models.  But gave away

  • Feora Preistess of Flame
  • Amon Ad-Raza
  • High Exemplar Kreoss
  • Avatar of Menoth
  • 2 x Revengers
  • 2 x Exempler Seneschals
  • High Exemplar Gravus
  • 2 x Reclaimers
  • 2 x Full units of Exemplar Errants
  • Vassal of Menoth
  • Vassal Mechanic
  • Eryss Mage Hunter of Ios
  • Nearly full Mk2 Menoth Faction Deck
  • GF9 Warcaster Tokens (from Mk1 but most still valid)
All up a reasonable collection for him to get started with and I really hope he enjoys it. Pity really I was on my way to building up a solid Exemplar themed eKreoss force.

Anyway for nostalgia purposes heres what I kept - still adds up to about 12pts so If i borrow a model I could still play a small game with them.





1 comment:

Timothy said...

Sucks they didn't stock those books! You can always try ebay, and keep an eye on Wayland's website for end of March - we should be back to getting 4-60% off the NZ retail price.

Enjoyed your blog over the last year, looking forward to following this year :)