January 30, 2012

WIP - Jagdpanthers

Recieved these guys in the mail last week and did some quick assembly work this morning while the kids had breakfast.  I really wish Battlefront would put some instructions in with their models though as like with all their kits there were a plethora of extra bits whose use and location on each model I couldnt figure out.  The pictures on the box dont seem to help either.  They'll will form part of my LW Fallshirmjager force from the Hells Highway book, and also flesh out my Panzer Company.


I've also rediscovered the joys of PC Strategy gaming having found a copy of Talonsofts 1997/8 game Eastern Front round at my Dads place last week.  Forgotten how enjoyable it was and have been trawling online for modern games of a similar nature.


 The Talonsoft range of games was always really good particular the Napoleonic and US Civil War stuff.  Of the other PC Strategy games I've enjoyed over the years I would say that Sid Meir's Gettysburg and Shogun Total War have been the best, oh and Civ 2 of course.  The latter Total War Games Rome and Medieval I found to be too busy i.e. too much stuff on the screen - the original Shogun was detailed enough while also being relatively simple and I honestly preferred the regional based deployment it used.

No comments: