Bits that need to be filed
- Joints linking each arm with the body particularly where the bits on the arm meant to fit into the holes on the body were over sized.
- Base of models head around the neck line.
- Tops of each arm where the mould lines had created a ridge about 1mm high along each arm.
- Edges of various skulls and chains where details had been lost.
- Edges of the weapon on the right arm where mould lines were raised.
- Top of leg piece and bottom of torso where these were glued together.
Areas needing Green stuffing
- In between torso and legs around the waist of the model where the moulded pieces dont quite fit together.
- In between the joints that joined the arms to the main body.
- Around the base of the neck at the back
On my Dwarfs and High Elves this kind of work was never really needed as the models were so small that such problems could be easily hidden, and honestly with my High Elves there are mould lines everywhere (just dont tell anyone or look too closely).
But with Ogres the bigger models mean even small problems around joints are magnified. So scale wise the amount of work required wasnt that great.
Will get some pictures up of the work that I had to do during the week so I get my camera sorted.