March 28, 2012

On the painting table - High Elves a go go

Have 3 projects on the go at the moment as the painting bug has kicked in again. It ran out of steam a little while back when I put my High Elf chariots aside unfinished.  The catalyst this time was the arrival of my new Winsor & Newton Series 7 brushes from the UK over the weekend.  I used them for the first time on Monday night and boy did they make a big difference especially when it came to do fine lines.

Anyway projects on the go right now are:
  • 10 x IoB Seagurad
  • 1 x IoB Mage
  • 8 x Metal Swordmasters
  • 10 x Metal White Lions
  • 5 x Metal Phoenix Guard
They're all getting the standard purple themed colour scheme although the Swordmasters will look a little different as they have more colour of them.  The White Lions bring my model tally to 25 which with unit fillers means I can units of 25-35, and the same for the Phoenix Guard.

All of my White Lions, Phoenix Guard and Swordmasters are the old metal versions which I much prefer, the newer plastic ones just dont do it for me. 

The Seaguard are coming along fairly slowly as Im finding them harder to do than the much simply Spearmen models but they should turn out Ok.

No comments: