January 31, 2013

Ogre Kingdoms army list for NZ Team Champs

Two weeks until the NZ WHFB Team Champs and my team mates and I are fairly settled on what we are taking, although the Dwarf list is still taking shape.  Our team - so far nameless - is:
  • Bo Patterson - Lizards with kitted out Slann, Saurus and the usual Skink horde.
  • Stu Robinson - Beasts with standard core hordes and a lot of fast movers & heavy hitters.
  • Matthew Hassell - Dwarfs making use of the lack of restrictions on anti-magic plus all the usual good stuff.
  • Me - with my Ogres...
As the lists are all due today I thought it a reasonable time to post what I'm taking for my Ogre Kingdoms its essentially everything I own plus 3 of Bo's Mournfang.

2400pts Ogre Kingdoms

Slaughtermaster
w. Level 4 upgrade, Armour of Silvered Steel, Luck Stone, Ironfist, Ironcurse Icon, Dispel Scroll

Bruiser
w. Battle Standard, Heavy Armour, Enchanted Shield, Sword of Striking, Ruby Ring of Ruin

9 x Ironguts
w. Full command, Standard of Discipline, Lookout Gnoblar

8 x Bulls
w. Full command, Ironfists

8 x Bulls
w. Full command, Ironfists

4 x Leadbelchers
w. Bellower

3 x Mournfang
w. Full command, Heavy Armour, Ironfists, Banner of Eternal Flame

3 x Mournfang
w. Full command, Heavy Armour, Ironfists

Ironblaster

TOTAL 2,398pts

I ran this through the Swedish Comp System that Joel posted on his blog a few days ago.  Its a pretty horrible and inconsistent system but still an interesting exercise which scored the list above a 8.8 which makes it competitive.  What I really found interesting though was that my High Elf list from last years WHFB events came in at 7.8 which makes it technically harder?!?  Not sure about that.

Anyway the above list is going to be fun to play - ideally would like a Firebelly in there but I don't own one yet nor do I have any Sabretusks which will definately cause me issues.  But its going to be fun crashing into people with the Mournfang.

3 comments:

Jeffrey Kent said...

I didn't even realise it was possible to make an ogre list as soft as 8.8.

For some comparison my OnG are 5.4 and a twin towers/gutter runners/HPA/WLC/Doomwheel skaven list is anywhere from -0.7 to 2.

I'll be real interested to see the lists being used and how close the results correlate to what the Swedish Comp predicts.



John Murrie said...

I think Skaven start at 0 anyway - freaking horribly broken army that they are.

Mine is 8.8 because I dont have
- Lots of leadbelchers
- Hellheart
- Lore of Death
- Crown of command

or Double Ironblaster

Cristina Violet said...

Hi,
i like your Blog!
Anf i like your works!
I follow you.
If you like to follow me too, i’ll be happy!
VioletPaint
See you soon! ^^