February 13, 2013

1st British Armoured Platoon complete

Got some more painting in this week and finished up the 1st of my 4 British Armoured platoons from the Open Fire box set.  Only missing the decals which I haven't got and a redo of the commanders beret (as I wasnt sure what colour it should be).  Overall pretty happy with the final results although the stowage has come out looking too glossy and I'm not sure how to fix it up - hopefully the application of Moana Vale will dull it down somewhat.

Also need to figure out how to make Hessian strips as in the pictures of Shermans in Hells Highway - thinking green stuff is the only way as BF don't seem to sell them as a stowage option unfortunately.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

Cameron said...

Looking good. I believe the tank commander's beret is black with a metal badge on the front. I am looking forward to seeing some hessian strips!

Simon Switzer said...

Those are fantastic looking models John. Make them Canadians though... not just for the badass rules, but for being, well... Canadian.

Robin Sutton said...

I'm not a FOW man, nor a 15mm man, but these look really nice.. good job!!!!
Robin

John Murrie said...

Thanks guys much appreciated - and Ill make an attempt at the Beret Badge too.

Still waiting to get the new Market Garden book before I decide how to play them. If I can enough painted I might take them to NATCON instead of my Fallschirmjager

Scott said...

Nice work John.

For Hessian strip - perhaps use some Crepe bandage - tease it apart and mix with PVA/water gluey mix... thats what I did with the 'camo net' on my bunkers...
regards
Scott

John Murrie said...

Thanks for the idea Scott ill definately give that a go