March 20, 2013

Canadian Shermans & some Ogres

Finally finished off the green stuff hessian strips on my Shermans last night and also got the decals applied setting them up as tanks from the 4th Canadian Armoured Division.  Didn't follow the long process recommended to remove the shiny look from the decals as honestly its a long process, im not that fussed and I like the way the models look now.

Also completed my last lot of Ogres meaning my entire collection of these guys is now painted up (the 20 odd Gnoblars dont count).  Problem is I now have nothing left that I want to paint - I say want because my actual painting backlog is HUGE!!! I have unpainted High Elves and High Elves needing repainting up the wazoo along with more 30k/40k stuff and some Dwarfs.  But I am not interested in touching any of them, at least not right now - even my rush of enthusiasm for the Horus Heresy project has faded...

... need some more British armour... or maybe ill start on my US Paras... so hard to choose...

Anyway here are my latest efforts [quite a lot of pictures of dubious lighting quality] - dont forget to click on them to expand them out :)

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Less than two weeks now to NATCON.....

1 comment:

Simon Switzer said...

The Shermans are looking fantastic John.

The Canadians from the MG book in my opinion have got the best rules for any of the Brit Armoured. Cautious movement and being vet is just a deal breaker. AT 15 Firefly tanks and the ability to take two of them per armored unit is just awesome.

Only fare, we were in fact, the Empires best troops.