April 3, 2013

Good reading & upcoming tournament events

Nice arrival in my mailbox at work today two packages from the Book Depository which are going to provide some fantastic reading over the next fortnight or so.  Been looking forward to getting both of these for sometime now but only got round to ordering them a fortnight or so ago.


Also looking forward to my next two tournament events Runefang (WHFB) at the end of this month and NICON (FOW-MW) on the first weekend of June (assuming I get manage a weekend pass).  Runefang will see the welcome return of my Dwarfs - who by then should be newly kitted out in Sarissa precision movement trays (as with my High Elves), although just what I am taking I haven't figured out yet.  NICON will see the first deployment of my DAK Panzer Company although at this stage I am really struggling to figure out what to take:  first draft list is...

1500pts Mid-War Panzer Company
Sourcebook: North Africa

Company HQ - 2 x PzIIIM
Panzer Platoon - 4 x PzIIIM (Schurzen)
Panzer Platoon - 3 x PzIVF2
Heavy Panzerspah Platoon - 2 x 8 rad
Light AA Platoon - 3 x Sd Kfz 10/5 2cm
Priority Air - Ju87D

TOTAL 1,500pts exactly.

Tryed to fit Rettemier in there and at least one 88mm but then the list becomes difficult to keep at an even number of platoons without reducing your tank strength too much.  88's are perhaps a 1750pt list item - picked up two at NATCON one will get the DAK colour scheme the other a European kit out to go with my Bridge by Bridge FJ.

No comments: