April 8, 2013

WIP - Dwarf Slayers & Chaos Terminator Lord

Got some painting in last night in front of the first fire of 2013 - cold evenings have come in a little later than usual this year but it is nice to have the fire going while your painting away.

[Pictures are all pretty big so make sure you click on them :) ]


Anyway - have completed the basic layers for each Slayer but have not applied any washes yet.  Chaos Lord has a couple of layers on him but no highlights or washes as yet.  As you can see I am going for a NMM look instead of the standard Boltgun Metal, Black Wash, Chainmail, Mithril Silver (still dont know the new GW paint names) metallic metal process.  Not sure how it will turn out but its ok so far.

 
Also looked at finishing off my Chaos Dark Apostle but realised that I have completely stuffed the paint job on him and am going to have to paint strip and start over... GRRRRR!!!

Nice little package in the mailbox at work this morning too (always good to arrive to find new stuff waiting for me that isnt from students - double GRRRRRRRRR) some Sarissa movement trays for my Dwarfs.  Going to have to place an order though for some alternate sizes but these are perfect for my current army list and its earlier 2011 variant. 

2 comments:

Simon Switzer said...

Love the Slayer.

I really need to get a hold of some of those movement trays you got there. I need like 3 of the 10x10s and 1 of the 5x5's

John Murrie said...

Cheers mate

Link to movement tray ppl is
http://www.sarissa-precision.co.uk/store/trays/