May 26, 2013

DIY High Elf Loremaster of Hoeth

Taking a leaf out of Joel's, from The Brush of Doom, book I decided to kit bash my own Loremaster of Hoeth.  Unfortunately I made the strange decision to throw away my massive collection of bits last year and consequently didn't have much to work with.

But that being said I found more than enough to put together what is IMHO a pretty good looking Loremaster albiet without the Octopus and Love Heart accessories found on the GW model. 

 
 
Yes I know the guy is supposed to have a GW and no shield, but running him with a Magic Sword and the Sheild of Merwyn is something I have considered and I like the look (oh and it covers up the mess I made after cutting off the Lion Cloak).  The Book is a reasonable stand in for the Octopus and if you really want to be cheesy their is no reason you couldn't give the Loremaster the Book of Hoeth - would make 1 dicing spells a lot easier.

The head is OK but Ill see how well I can chop the head of one my spare metal Swordmasters as that might make a better looking model.




3 comments:

Ryan said...

Nice work, looks really good. Always satisfying to have your own model on the table.

Did you consider repositioning the legs at all? It's risky taking a knife to the knee joint but can make the model look much more dynamic, and any mistakes can be fixed with green stuff and patience.

John Murrie said...

Cheers Ryan - I did consider it for a 2nd but my green stuffing skills are "ahem" not flash. So left them as is... if I had all my bits I would have had a lot more to play with.

Ryan said...

I did some with marine biker legs, converting them to standing and running from sitting and splayed. Worked out easier than I expected though they are alot chunkier than HE legs. I'll see if I can find an example and link a picture.

Looking forward to seeing him on the table!