Situation was as follows:
- L2 with Phoenix Guard successfully casts spell from High Magic - L2 and PG get +1 WS
- L4 with White Lions successfully casts spell from Lore of Shadow and swaps places with L2.
Now the question was - what happens to the +1 WS that the High Magic lore attribute grants?
The lore rule states that
"The caster and his unit get +1WS"
Now normally the standard rules that cover Augments and Hexes would apply here but a Lore Attribute is neither an augment or a Hex even though it acts like an Augment. So what happens to the WS?
Posted a query on Ulthuan.net and the final result/interpretation of the rule was as follows:
- L2 & L4 swap places as per Lore of Shadow lore attribute.
- L2 retains the +1 WS
- Phoenix Guard retain the +1 WS
- L4 and White Lions get nothing.
On a side note have played two games with the High Elf army list Ill be taking to Horned Rat next week. Game 1 vs. Jeffs OnG I got tabled, and Game 2 vs. Calebs WoC I had the game in the bag then made a couple of silly mistakes by (a) abandoning the Watch Tower and (b) moving my L4 out of the White Lions where the BoWD protected him from being sniped by the Lore of Death.
Other than that the list works pretty well - as Jeff kindly pointed out theres nothing wrong with my lists just *ahem* several things wrong with how I play them.