June 5, 2013

Wellington Warlords announce details for Call to Arms 2013

Nice facebook post from the Wellington Warlords announcing that details for this years Call to Arms Tournament have been released on their webpage (see link).  This annual event is regular fixture for me and the largest Wellington based event held each year - although this year was an exception after the 3 day long National Convention (NATCON) in April.  The usual games are on offer this time round including:
  • Warhammer Fantasy Battle
  • Warhammer 40K
  • Lord of the Rings
  • Flames of War
  • Warmachine
  • Malifaux
  • DBMM
  • Field of Glory

This will be my 4th Call to Arms and once again I agonised over whether to enter the WHFB or FOW competition.  But I had a great time playing FOW at the event last year (finishing 12th) and at NATCON and promised myself that I'd enter the FOW event again.

I still enjoy WHFB but thanks to Pete Dunn there are a number of regular WHFB events I can attend each season.  FOW however lacks a lot of regular events in my area and CTA is the only regular large singles event on offer that I can afford to travel to - so its FOW for me.  Besides I want to see if I can improve on my placing from last year and from NATCON (16th).

As usual Ill be taking my Fallschirmjager - probably a variation on the 1750pt list I used at NATCON.

No comments: