August 4, 2014

Knobby Gnoblars & WIP Mournfang

Submitted my Ogre Kingdoms list to Mike for Call to Arms next fortnight.  Going with the fluffy list I took against Jeff's Flying Boobies Dark Elf list last week but with a couple of minor variations.

To get the army ready I needed to finish painting my Gnoblars which have been sitting undercoated but unpainted on my shelf for over a year now.  Not the easiest figures to paint and they made me glad that I hadn't decided to collect Night Goblins.  Also started on 2 additional Mournfang as I need 6 for the army.  As I'm fielding the Gnoblars as Trappers (I mean why not) I thought I'd add a little obstacle terrain piece in front of them.  Its not quite finished have some minor painting edits to do on it but you get the idea.


Didn't really attempt to make the Gnoblars look fantastic just tidy enough to be presentable.  A few basic colours and lots of washes with some minimal highlights on the green areas.  The Mournfang I'm doing slightly differently with NMM for the armoured areas.  The beasts will be slightly different from my other ones as I ran out of the paint colour I used to do the first ones, but they should still look awesome!!!


The completed Mournfang the 2 WIP models will be joining

Oh and here's my list for Call to Arms...

Mountain Claws Ogre Kingdoms Tribe
Slaughtermaster - Level 4, Lore of Great Maw, Charmed Shield, Crown of Command, Dispel Scroll, Talisman of Endurance
Butcher - Level 2, Lore of Great Maw, Ironfist, Hellheart
Bruiser - BSB, Rune Maw, Heavy Armour, Ironfist
19 x Gnoblar Trappers - Musician
10 x Ironguts - FC, Lookout Gnoblar, Standard of Discipline
8 x Bulls - FC, Lookout Gnoblar
3 x Mournfang - Heavy Armour, Ironfists, Musician
3 x Mournfang - Heavy Armour, Ironfists, Musician
Sabretusk
Sabretusk
Ironblaster
Ironblaster

TOTAL 2,398.5  

Dropped 1 Gnoblar so I could give the Butcher an Ironfist and swapped Heavens for Lore of Great Maw on the Slaughtermaster.  The L4 L2 combo means Ill have all 6 spells.  The lore is fairly versatile and I found it worked extremely well at the NZ Team Champs earlier this year.  Basically it serves to buff your units protecting them as they march toward combat and then keeps them alive while they are in combat. Having read Rex Footes latest Wood Elf battle report and seeing his 50+ Trueflight Arrow shooting list I think I am going to need all the buffs I can get.

1 comment:

Jeffrey Kent said...

Classic social gamer talk....

Assuming you get no protective buffs off he can drop 4 and a bit ogres a turn. That is until you hit him in turn 2 and table him.