August 11, 2014

Ogre Kingdoms display board & tournament army all ready

My Ogre Kingdoms army is now all set for Call to Arms this coming weekend.  To finish them off I've sanded, flocked and grass tufted my armies movement trays.  I've always struggled when it comes to flocking my movement trays but I really wanted to do this to make my Ogre army stand out more. The process I used this time relied heavily on some advice I got from fellow gamers who suggested that I needed to add another lot of PVA to my method.  To flock each tray I used the following process:
  • PVA full-strength onto tray and then sand.
  • Wait 24 hours for glue to dry.
  • Slightly diluted PVA onto sand.
  • Wait 24 hours to dry.
  • Tidy up sand around edging and inside tray.
  • Paint 2 layers.
  • Add flock, grass tufts and flowers.
(All of the pictures should expand out if you click on them)
2400pts of Ogres for Call to Arms (minus the 2nd Ironblaster which I didn't paint myself)
Big Ears the Noddy Killer - Slaughtermaster Level 4 other characters are a BSB with the Rune Maw and a Level 2 Butcher with the Hellheart.  
9 x Ironguts w. Full command, Standard of Discipline, Lookout Gnoblar
8 x Ogre Bulls - Full command, Ironfists, Lookout Gnoblar & 1 of 2 Sabretusks
19 x Gnoblar Trappers w. Musician
2 units of 3 Mournfang w. Musician, Heavy Armour & Ironfists - i only have movement trays for a unit of 4 and one of 2 hence the set up on the board
The 2 new Mournfang I painted this week

The completed fire pit
Movement tray complete with flock and grassy stuff
One final practice game tomorrow night against Reagan's Vampire Counts that he is also taking to the tournament this weekend.  The lists for the FOW competition have been released but the ones for the WHFB competition have not been.  Very curious as to what other people are bringing and just how many players there are.  The FOW field is smaller than normal just 20 players when its normally 24-28 hopefully the WHFB hasn't fallen as well.

6 comments:

Jeffrey Kent said...

Filth Alert

jugger said...

Lookin' good!!

McCrae said...

Looks great mate

Mark Stanton said...

Looking good John, yep the FOW field is smaller with some interesting armies, hope you have a good turn out for Fantasy, cheers

John Murrie said...

Thanks guys appreciate the feedback

@Mark - if it had been MW or LW I'd be playing FOW but alas EW it is

The Kiwi said...

Your Flocked bases look flocking good.
cheers