March 17, 2015

Returning to Warmachine: what to buy?

Well I am definitely going to get back into Warmachine, especially as the local community seems to be going strong.  From my previously huge collection I only have 4 models left having sold all of the rest:

  • eKreoss
  • Paladin Order of the Wall
  • Paladin Order of the Wall (alternate version)
  • Redeemer Light Warjack
Redeemer - one of 4 models I still own

If I grab the new the All-in-one-army box then the models I could add to that list would be:
  • eSeverius
  • Reckoner Heavy Warjack
  • Vanguisher Heavy Warjack
  • Heirophant
  • Exemplar Errants (10)
  • Choir of Menoth (6)
  • Exemplar Errant Seneschal
  • Vassal of Menoth
  • Rhupert Cavalo Piper of Ord
My old High Reclaimer
That's not a bad little collection to start with and in terms of models it is very close to the kind of list I used to run in the 35-50pt battles I usually played.  The Heirophant is a no-brainer inclusion in any Menoth list, as is Rhupert Cavalo if your taking infantry.  There are some other models that I would have to get though to (a) suit my play style and (b) because they just awesome to have:
  • High Reclaimer - because he was great with infantry armies
  • eFeora - because she sets people on fire
  • Avatar of Menoth - great unique warjack, hard to paint, great to play
  • Crusader - cheap but effective Heavy Warjack
  • Revenger/Devouts - my favourite light warjacks usually at least one of either type
  • Exempler Errant Officer & Standard - to jack up that Errant unit even more
  • Zealots + Monolith Bearer - because who doesn't like suicidal fanatics with bombs

My former Heirophant
Its a long list and will unfortunately see me spending money to re-buy models I used to have but 5 years on at least I should be able to paint them better.  The All-in-one-army box is first and then we'll see what GW does to WHFB 9th Edition before committing to anything else

No comments: