December 16, 2015

WIP: Betrayal at Calth

Had to wait a fortnight after getting my box set to start assembling these guys but progress is now being made.  Decided to start with the heroes, Contemptor and Terminators.  Of the models in the box the only ones I'll paint up as Ultramarines will be the Terminator hero and possibly one squad of Tactical marines.  Everything else Terminators included will be in Word Bearers colours.

Only issue with painting the Terminators as Word Bearers is that the current (suxy) CSM Codex has CSM Terminators equipped with power weapons and bolters as standard and there is only one power weapon in the box.  I have a few others spare but they're all right handed which meant some tricky conversion work to get them to fit.  I'll have a play around later on to see if I can get them to work.

The Sergeant is getting Chaos'd up with a few bits.


Polyfilla on all the bases prior to model assembly


A slight modification on the Contemptor I cut the torso off the legs so I could rotate it slightly making it slightly less static.  Did look at options for pinning the weapon arms so I could interchange them and for putting the Rotor Cannon on the left arm (an easy job) but as I already have an Assault Cannon armed Dread went with the other weapon option instead.

School holidays now so should have a lot of spare time (kids depending) to get these guys painted up ready for gaming next year (no gaming for me till March due to Cricket)

3 comments:

Jonah said...

A bit off topic - how you getting on with KoW? Tempted to Runefang?

John Murrie said...

Not really got the rules read them went "blah" and found I still have no enthusiasm for fantasy. Might come back still have 2 armies that I'll always hang on to so who knows

John Murrie said...

Not really got the rules read them went "blah" and found I still have no enthusiasm for fantasy. Might come back still have 2 armies that I'll always hang on to so who knows