March 23, 2016

First go at a CSM tournament list

With more Obliterators arriving from the UK I've been working on how best to use them in my first 40k event in June.  At 1500pts and with my limited collection I'm somewhat restricted but I've come up with the following list, which luckily I'll be able to try out at my local Summer League in April when its points limit moves to 1500.

Vanilla CSM Combined Arms Detachment
Chaos Lord
w. Bike, Gift of Mutation, Mark of Nurgle, Sigil of Corruption, Black Mace, VoLW
Chaos Sorceror
w. Level 3, Mark of Tzeentch, Gift of Mutation, Plasma Pistol, Sigil of Corruption, Spell Familiar
10 x Cultists
10 x Cultists
8 x CSM
w. Melta, Combi-Flamer, Bolters swapped for CCW, Rhino, Dirge Caster
8 x CSM
w. Melta, Combi-Flamer, Bolters swapped for CCW, Rhino, Dirge Caster
5 x Chaos Bikers
w. Mark of Nurgle, Melta x 2, Icon of Vengeance, VoLW
3 x Obliterators
w. Mark of Nurgle
3 x Obliterators
w. Mark of Nurgle

Two units of Obliterators should give me a fair bit of heavy firepower, CSM Squads will just rush up try and get into combat and kill something before they die.  Bikers are intended as the main killing unit with Mark of Nurgle making them T6 which should help them stay alive a little longer.  Just not sure which of the two characters to make the Warlord.  Sorceror has a 3++ which will keep him alive and plan is to keep him hanging around at the back, but the guy on the bike is T6 but is more likely to be in combat.

Khorne Daemonkin Blood Host for tomorrow nights Summer League games...

No comments: