March 28, 2016

Khorne Daemonkin Bloodhost Tournament List??

My local summer league heads into another a new month and what should be a points increase each night to 1500 which is great as it gives me a chance to test out some tournament lists.  After the melee inspired fun against Liam's Blood Angels last week I'm thinking seriously about running a Bloodhost for Maelstrom in June.  The ability to generate a free Blood Tithe point each turn combined with the Slaughtercults ability to get a free Tithe bonus make it extremely nasty if things go your way.  Also beginning to appreciate the mobility of the Gorepack and while a horde of CSM Obliterators could be fun its very reliant on being able to shoot things on table tops covered in terrain and therefore a ton of cover saves.  Its also very static.  Plus I like getting stuck into combat and a Khorne list is very simple which suits my play style and lack of tactical ability.

Couple of ideas going through my head based on (a) what models I currently own and (b) an amazing magical boost my budget that allows me to get a Blood Thirster and some other stuff.  What I've come up with so far and what I'll probably run this Thursday night is...

Khorne Daemonkin Blood Host
Slaughtercult (Primary/Core Detachment)
Terminator Lord w. Sigil of Corruption, Axe of Khorne, Combi-Melta, Collar of Khorne
8 x Cultists
8 x Cultists
8 x Chaos Space Marines w. Rhino, CCW instead of Bolters, Melta
8 x Chaos Space Marines w. Rhino, CCW instead of Bolters, Melta
5 x Possessed
Landraider

Gorepack Detachment
3 x Bikers w. Melta, Melta
3 x Bikers w. Melta, Melta
5 x Flesh Hounds
5 x Flesh Hounds

Hellbrute Detachment
Hellbrute w. Multi-melta, Powerfist, Heavy Flamer

Possessed and Terminator Lord jump into the Landraider and everyone munches on up.  Use the Hounds as walking cover saves for the vehicles till they're in range.  I think under the event rules this list works as it counts as 4 formations but I'll check with Hagen to make sure.

Still can't figure out why given they are a combat army that Khorne vehicles can't take Dirge Casters

Alternatively I could boost my Obliterators and take the following...

Chaos Space Marine Obliterator List
Chaos Lord
w. Bike, Gift of Mutation, Sigil of Corruption, Black Mace, VoLW, Slaneesh
10 x Cultists
10 x Cultists
10 x Cultists
9 x CSM
w. CCW no bolters, Melta, Rhino, Dirge Caster
9 x CSM
w. CCW no bolters, Melta, Rhino, Dirge Caster
5 x Bikers
w. Melta, Melta, Combi-Melta, Melta Bombs, VoLW, Icon Vengeance, Slaneesh
3 x Obilterators
w. MoN
3 x Obliterators
w. MoN
2 x Obliterators
w. MoN

Mark of Slaneesh gives the Lord I6 and the Bikers I5 which could prove what useful.  Did think of including a Land Raider but 2 more Obliterators are cheaper plus they get an Invulnerable Save which Land Raiders don't.

No comments: