Some of the findings are what you would expect e.g. spending habits but there are a couple of interesting ones:
- Advertising responsible for 5% of players getting into the game, but zero players with less than 5 years experience.
- Hobby stores ability to get new players into the game has been declining.
- Older gamers spend the most money, not new players.
- 50% of all spending is done online
- 91% of respondants play 40k video games which is notable only for what it says about the respondants in the survey sample. I would suggest that this figure would be significantly lower across the 40k population as a whole. The 91% reflective of this being an internet survey.
- 64% of players use non-GW paints, but not necessarily exclusively.
- A majority play now defunct games such as WHFB & Mordheim, only 21% play Age of Suckmar most within the new gamer bracket.
- No one seems to like GW much outside of their fluff and miniatures.
And finally surprise surprise Eldar are the best of Chaos the worst (+ Sisters) armies.