May 30, 2016

Crossing the Rubicon with 40k

Bit the bullet and submitted my list for Maelstrom to Hagen the TO this evening.  No going back on it so here it is...

Slaughter Cult
Lord
w. Power Armour, Bolt Pistol, Melta Bombs, Sigil of Corruption, Brazen Rune, Power Weapon, Collar of Khorne

Dropped the Blood Forged Armour to give Power Weapons to my Aspiring Champions, so he has lost FNP and Eternal Warrior.  But I can get FNP back from the Blood Tithe.  Brazen Rune I'm taking for fun it basically allows me to shut down a Pyschic phase (sort of) forcing all enemy Psykers within 24" who manifest a power to roll perils on any double.  One use only though.  Collar gives +2 for Deny Witch.

8 x Cultists
8 x Cultists

There to die for the Blood God and his Tithe

8 x CSM
w. Rhino, Havoc Launcher, Power Weapon, Meltagun
8 x CSM
w. Rhino, Havoc Launcher, Power Weapon, Meltagun
5 x Possessed
w. Rhino, Havoc Launcher, Extra Combi-Bolter (because I had 5pts spare)

Lord of Slaughter
Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage

Haven't been using him well but plan on keeping him in the list regardless will either rely on his walking 4+ Jink save or start him Swooping.  

Gorepack
3 x Bikes
w. Melta, Melta
3 x Bikes
w. Melta, Melta
5 x Flesh Hounds
5 x Flesh Hounds

Total 1,499pts 

List counts as 4 formations --> Blood Host + Slaughter Cult + Gorepack + Lord of Slaughter (I think) or a best 2-3 meaning I'll take a big comp hit heading in and will be at a massive points (as well as ability) disadvantage heading into the event.

Looking forward to it though only two weeks to go

No comments: