May 22, 2016

Khorne Daemonkin Tournament Army - Final List

Finally decided on a list to take to Maelstrom in 4 weeks time.  Going with a Khorne Daemonkin Combined Arms Detachment.  While I have been practicing with and using a Blood Host almost exclusively the last few months it has limitations especially the lack of heavy firepower and the lack of objective secured troops.  Not having a massive model collection I'm somewhat restricted in what I can take so the whole look I have 40+ Flesh Hounds lists taken to Adepticon are out.  Consequently, I'm going to fall back on my try and tested method of "building a list around models I like"...

My 1500pt army on its display board all ready to go
Getting some practice in with it this coming weekend against other tournament attendees so we'll see how it goes but I'm pretty much sold on taking this as I like it.

Khorne Daemonkin CAD @ 1500pts
HQ
Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage


Troops
8 x CSM
w. Melta, Melta Bombs, Rhino, Havoc Launcher
8 x CSM
w. Melta, Melta Bombs, Rhino, Havoc Launcher
8 x CSM
w. Melta, Melta Bombs, Rhino, Havoc Launcher

First 2 of 3 squads - 2 are in MkIV armour 1 in MkIII
Elite
5 x Terminators
w. Icon Wrath, Power Sword x4, Heavy Flamer, Power Fist, Landraider

MkIII CSM along with Terminators all ready to go

Fast Attack
3 x Bikes
w. Melta, Melta, Melta Bombs
3 x Bikes
w. Melta, Melta, Melta Bombs


I'm guessing its not optimal vs. the prevailing meta and will get munched by anything with a lot of flyers and shooting but I like it and I'm going purely for the experience and the fun.  Place the whole TO thing means that victory in 40k doesn't, unlike WHFB, come down to who kills the most stuff.  

No comments: