July 15, 2016

Call to Arms 40k Scenarios, final list & X-Wing Regionals

The mission pack for the 40k event at Call to Arms came out recently and its a real head turner with some extremely interesting ideas for each of the scheduled games.  I got the pack after finalising my list for the event but did note that one of the scenarios plays right into one of my lists abilities 'Deep Striking' as the scenario rule states that DS units do not scatter.  Should make for fun times.  Tried one of the scenarios already and it was a lot of fun still trying to figure the rest out though.  You can download the scenarios at this link

In terms of my final list I tried the double Helldrake thing vs. Glens Eldar and got absolutely munched.  I can see why Helldrakes are used but I've opted to stick with a list comprising my own models and units I am familiar with.  Have submitted it already so there's no changing it now.

Final list for Call to Arms

Primary Detachment
Chaos Space Marines - CAD
Lord
w. Juggarnuat, MoK, Axe of Blind Fury, B/Pistol, Sigil of Corruption, Gift of Mutation, VoLW
10 x Cultists
10 x Cultists
2 x Obliterators - MoN
2 x Obliterators - MoN
2 x Obliterators - MoN

Allied Detachment
Khorne Daemonkin Charnel Cohort
Herald
w. Brazen Rune
8 x Bloodletters
8 x Bloodletters
3 x Bloodcrushers
w. Champion
5 x Flesh Hounds
5 x Flesh Hounds
Skull Cannon

The whole army with the exception of the Lord and Cultists can Deep Strike.  The KD formation allows the Herald to re-roll his reserve rolls and any unit placed within 6" of his doesn't scatter when DS.  Enemy units also suffer -2 to all Fear tests against them, which in WHFB would be good but in 40k is largely redundant as the vast majority of armies seem to be Fearless.  Tried the list last week and it worked pretty well the Herald in particularly was surprisingly good in combat.

X-Wing Regionals List
My next event outing though are the Wellington X-Wing Regionals in a fortnights time.  My newly arrived Imperial Veterans pack is going to get a good work out at the event.  Having only played 4-5 games all year i'm not expecting to do well but it should still be fun.

Veteran Instincts, Engine Upgrade, Ion Cannon, Tie/D-0
Veteran Instincts, Engine Upgrade, Ion Cannon, Tie/D-0


So 2 x PS8 ships with the ability to chuck out a maximum of 4 damage each per round plus Dark Curse just to fill in the rest of the points.  I could drop Engine Upgrade but I like it as the TD do need some help movement wise.  Double Ion Cannons also help against big ships which I expect their will be a lot of.  

No comments: