October 5, 2016

Harlequin Death Jester & Skyweaver + Kharn the Betrayer completed

Busy week this week getting a lot of hobby stuff done.   I've now finished both Harlequin Troupes, the Sky Weavers and the Death Jester from Death Masque.







The Death Jester only took me a couple of hours in the end and was easier than I thought. Decided at last minute to base the Skyweavers and they look better now.





Really like the new Kharn model but painting it I was annoyed to find that my new pots of Citadel washes have given it a shiny look. Normally washing makes them dull which i prefer so not sure what's up there.



Next projects are touching up my army for Warpstorm, building the Maulerfiend my wife got me in the UK and completing my 4th Chaos Rhino.

4 comments:

extremedoc1 said...

John, I to have had the shiny wash problem with new pots of gw wash. Upon research first thing is to shake them more than you would do normally. Secondly,only thin with Lhamian Medium this reduces the shiny problem. Thirdly you could just use the army painter Strong tone (effectively agrax) and Dark (effectively nuln)instead.

Cheers DOC (code40k)

John Murrie said...

Thanks for that I honestly never shake my washes just my paints so I'll give that a go.

Lhamian Medium I've heard of but never used I'm still pretty amateur when it comes to techniques. So instead of using water you use the medium and that helps with application?

Dan S said...

John - check you didn't buy one of the new gloss GW washes by mistake. They now sell gloss and Matt versions. The Harlequins look ace.

John Murrie said...

Didn't realize that thanks for the tip