April 17, 2017

WIP - Eldar Farseer & the Yncarne

With the Fire Prism finished I've started work on my Eldar Jet Bikes/Farseer and of course the Yncarne who I used in a game for the first time yesterday.  The Yncarne is a somewhat tricky model to put together.  I would strongly suggest that people (a) dry fit all the pieces together before gluing as many connection points are very small and others unclear in terms of their position, (b) don't assemble the whole thing prior to painting.  I of course only figured this out after I had put most of it together.



Painting wise I was worried (this morning) that I'd have to strip the Yncarne and start again but its starting to look a lot better now that I've added various layers to it.


On the tabletop she's pretty good although with only a 3+/5++ she dies fairly easily.  Some things I liked/learnt about using her:

  • Don't send her out alone.
  • The teleporting ability is pretty awesome but should be used wisely.
  • She will die to concentrated shooting.
  • She can (if you roll well) kill Saint Celestine in 1 round of combat

No comments: