3 x Squads w. Lascannon
2 x Manticores
Knight Commander Pask w. H/Flamer and Plasma Cannon
3 x Leeman Russ w. Lasconnon & Plasma Cannons
- You get a lot of models for 1500pts in a Guard army and its kind of hard to fit them all into your deployment zone; especially when its one of the more narrow types. Need to think deployment ahead more.
- Leman Russ tanks are not Skyweavers/Starweavers - they cannot get into combat then fall back and shoot. Seems simple but I've never liked being static.
- Deploy units closer together - I forgot about the whole orders thing and had them separated.
- Guard gun line - deploy, mass your firepower shoot and then advance in latter turns
- Guards are squishy... every dice roll I was thinking a 4++ would have saved that...
- Flamers on tanks are probably a good idea
It was quite interesting being on the receiving end of a fast moving army that dishes out a lot of close combat attacks where every model has an invulnerable save and there are Psykers galore. Now I know how certain opponents felt when facing my Harlequins.
Still an enjoyable game. I like the look of my Guard army but do need to alter what I have been buying somewhat. Army is based around 3 of the Getting Started Sets and a couple of extra vehicles hence the extra Leman Russ tanks and the Manticores - mainly to keep costs down. Think what I'll do though is pick up some more infantry, grab some more Scions (i have 2 lots), and maybe a Psyker or 2. Either way I'll be playing these guys exclusively for a few weeks till the new Harlequin codex comes out.